Bring in food donations during the month of January 2018 and we’ll waive your overdue library fines according to the number of items you bring in.
Here’s how it works:
Bring in non-perishable items:
- Food should be brought to the front desk – no drop-offs
- Food should be packaged in plastic or cardboard – no glass
- No opened, unsealed or re-packaged foods will be accepted
- No expired foods will be accepted
We’ll take $1.50 off of your overdue library fines–
- We will waive $1.50 in fines for each food item that you donate
- We can only waive fees for items checked out by the card holder while at Port Byron Library
- We cannot waive fees for ILL’s or books that you checked out while at other libraries
- We cannot waive fees for lost or damaged items or for processing fees
- We can waive a total maximum of $15 from any library card
Don’t have overdue fines? Your generous donations are still welcome!
Food donations will go to
the Port Byron Food Pantry.