PORT BYRON LIBRARY
COMMUNITY ROOM USE POLICY (Application Link below)
Library functions will take precedence over all activities by non-library groups.
Rules for Use of Port Byron Library’s Community Room
- Respect the library’s property and materials. No destruction, please
- Use for only legal, moral purposes
- Do not smoke indoors
- Do not use alcoholic beverages or illegal substances
- Discussions must be open and fair. Involve all points of view and keep discussions civil
- Make restitution for any damage done (required)
- Confine activities to the area requested.
- Report damage or failure of equipment to library employees, volunteers or the Board of Trustees immediately.
- Leave the building as you found it, including clean up of the kitchen if you used it
If you or your group fails to adhere to these rules, the library may refuse you/your group use of the library’s facilities.
- Adults bringing children into the building will be required to supervise their activity at all times and be responsible for the children’s actions
- There is no fee for using the community room; however, donations will be accepted on a voluntary basis. Donations are tax deductible.
- An employee, volunteer or board member must be in the library any time while the community room is in use. Keys will not be issued to any group. It is suggested that meetings be planned for hours when the library is open, or that the responsible party contact an employee or board member to request help getting into and out of the building.
- Proof of insurance may be required
On approval of the initial application the library director may approve subsequent meetings without reapplication, pending available space. If there is a change in the name of the representative of the group, a new application is required
Revised and adopted March 2, 2017
Application form Community Room Use FORM